Sunday, January 30, 2011

Albert and May Frederick

The first picture listed here is of Susie May (who I will refer to as May from now on) and I'm not sure if this is her mother, Katherine Emily Anderson Wyatt or another woman. I have other pictures of Katherine that I will post soon, but the woman here looks tired and worn down by life and maybe a little sickly. She had married Edward Wyatt, gave birth to May, but they divorced not long after. I am still needing to research more information regarding their marriage situation, but find Edward in the 1880 Census already divorced. I am unable to locate Katherine and May anywhere, but that could very well be from a typo in transcription of the Census itself.

The picture below here is surely May and what a sweet looking girl she was.

This last picture is one of Albert and May, but I am not sure when it was taken. It is a tintype like the first picture in this post.
Albert lived all his early years in Donnellsville, Clark County, Ohio. Recently on a trip to the Allen County Library in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, I ran across a book that had obituaries and some death certificate copies for those found in the Donnellsville Cemetery. To my wonderful surprise, there was a copy of May's father's death certificate and obituary, giving me more helpful information in my research.

Albert's parents were both buried in North Dakota while Katherine is buried in Roseville, California. Katherine eventually remarried a man named Elam Daniels, and they joined the family in North Dakota and on to California. At a later date I will post a couple great photos of Elam and Katherine on two different homesteads in North Dakota and Southern Canada just across the North Dakota border.

No comments:

Post a Comment